Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday Morning

The aroma of cinnamon is starting to permeate the air as I cuddle in the corner of the couch and type. I've got some frozen cinnamon rolls baking in the oven, and I'm looking forward to spreading the cream cheese icing on them and digging in. I woke this morning to the sounds of Lucy pacing the confines of the bedroom. Tucker and Sophie probably could have slept more, but when one's got to potty, the rest aren't too far behind. So, I threw on some sweats and my slippers, hooked Lucy up to the horse longe line serving as her tie-out, and let them outside. I'm a little ashamed to say I just stood at the door and watched them, but those of us who live in the Midwest know that when it's below zero, the smart ones stay inside and let the dogs go outside unaccompanied.

I graded 6 more portfolios this morning while it was quiet and before Paul started stirring. That leaves about 17 more to go. I should be able to knock those out during the course of the day today, and then be able to input the grades when I head back to school tomorrow. I seriously hope that we get time to work in our classrooms, considering that our guest speaker is only set to talk to us in the morning. I need some quality time with the copier machine, and some time to go through my desk and unearth assignments that may have been turned in at the last minute.

The horses are still inside this morning, so hooray for me! I went outside yesterday afternoon, after putting on long underwear and a spiderman-type face mask, and put insulator clips on all of the T-poles. Then, Paul came out and helped me to string a 3rd line of fencing between the two current ones. It's a ground line, so it's not electrified, but it will (hopefully) serve as a deterrent to keep my little escape artists inside their pasture. Interestingly enough, Angel was out of the fence the entire time I was working on the fence yesterday -- all she wanted to do was graze in the unfenced area. I guess the grass IS always greener on the other side of the fence.

Well, the beeper has just gone off and the full-ripened scent of cinnamon is telling me that I need to close and pull my rolls from the oven. Here's wishing that you find joys in life's simple things, like fresh-from-the-oven cinnamon rolls and horses that stay in their pastures, until we speak again.

No comments:

Post a Comment